Your profile: You are Independent/Self Employed and you want to change your legal status to Employee

Become a Consultant with employee status
  • You are a consultant with legally a self-employed or independent status
  • You already have one or several clients or contracts
  • You which to change your legal status from self-employed/independent to Employee
As independent/self employed working in Switzerland you carry many burdens, for example:
  • Invoicing, accounting
  • Taking care of VAT
  • Contributing to the 1st pillar of the pension system (OASI/DI, AVS/AI, AHV/IV)
  • Contributing voluntarily to a 2nd pillar pension plan (OPP/LPP/BVG)

You are also not allowed to contribute to unemployment insurance and are of course not entitled to paid holidays. You have to save by yourself for these.

Change your status from “Independent” to “Employee”, contact us for a free consultation!

What is wage portage, what is an umbrella company and how does it work?

Wage portage is particularly attractive for independent, self-employed qualified professionals who like you already have acquired their own clients particularly in the fields of engineering, IT, coaching, training, consulting but it works for all independents, any self employed person who already has one or several client(s).

Here is what we cover for you as a consultant with employee status:

  • Employee working contract (definite, non definite period or hourly contract)
  • Access to company facilities such as meeting rooms with high speed internet
  • Invoicing and reminders
  • VAT
  • Reimbursement of travel and assimilated expenses
  • Free advising for your client/ customer contracts
  • Relations with administration such as Working Permit Office, Taxation Office etc.
  • Paid holidays
  • Withholding tax (Impôt a à la source/Quellensteuer)
  • You get full social security coverage with the best 2nd pillar pension fund available:
  • OASI/AVS/AHV: OId-age and survivors’ insurance
  • DI/AI/IV: Disability insurance
  • OAI/AAP/BUV: Professional or also called Occupational Accident Insurance with SUVA
  • NOAI/AANP/NBUV: Non Professional or also called Non Occupational Accident Insurance with SUVA
  • RC: Adapted professional civil liability insurance
  • MUV/AMat/MUV: Maternity allowance
  • ALV, AC, ALV: Unemployment Insurance
  • OP/LPP/BVG: 2nd pillar Pension Fund with one of the best pension funds plans available which is the one proposed by “FER”, Fédération des Entreprises Romandes

Contact us now for a free, no obligation consultation!

    Join Us in 3 Easy Steps

  • Register for a free and non binding phone interview
  • Subscribe free of charge and benefit from all our advantages
  • Start your freelance activity
Join Us
To receive an example of your income, please complete the form below

Let Us Call You Back

Get a free and unbinding phone consultation with one of our managers. Leave your phone number and we will call you back.