Your profile: You are a Freelance-Consultant who needs to bill his client(s) lawfully

Become a Consultant at Thalent, our Swiss umbrella company
  • You are a professional in your field of expertise and want to start an autonomous activity as a freelance consultant
  • You already have or are about to have one or several clients and assignments
  • You need a legal status and would like to have the status of an employee
To be an Independent Freelance working in Switzerland you need to fulfill many obligations like for example:
  • Registering to be self-employed and have your new status recognized with the compensation office
  • Invoicing, accounting, VAT, withholding Tax payment
  • Contributing to the 1st pillar of the pension system (OASI/DI, AVS/AI, AHV/IV)
  • Contributing voluntarily to a 2nd pillar pension plan (OPP/LPP/BVG)
  • Saving money for your holidays
  • Saving money in case of loss of clients or activity

If you work as an independent, you are obliged to register legally if you want to bill your clients. You will not be allowed to contribute to unemployment insurance and are not entitled to paid holidays: you have to put money aside by yourself for that.

Why not become a Freelance-Consultant with us? You carry out your activity autonomously whilst benefiting from the status of an employee.

What is Payrolling, what is an umbrella company and how does it work?

Wage portage is particularly attractive for autonomous qualified professionals who have already started and acquired client(s) or are about to do so.

It works particularly well in the fields of information technology, engineering, coaching, training, consulting, copywriting, journalism but it can work for any activity, any self employed person.

The service we provide to you as a Freelance-Consultant with employee status are the following:

  • Employee working contract (definite, non definite period or hourly contract)
  • Access to company meeting room with WIFI and high speed internet
  • Invoicing, reminders, VAT, withholding tax (Impôt a à la source/Quellensteuer)
  • Reimbursement of travel and professional expenses
  • Free advising for your client/customer contracts
  • Relations with the Swiss administration such as Working Permit Office, Taxation Office etc.
  • Paid holidays
  • Full social security coverage with Top 2nd pillar pension fund:
  • OASI/AVS/AHV: OId-age and survivors’ insurance
  • DI/AI/IV: Disability insurance
  • OAI/AAP/BUV: Occupational Accident Insurance with SUVA
  • NOAI/AANP/NBUV: Non Occupational Accident Insurance with SUVA
  • RC: Adapted professional civil liability insurance
  • MUV/AMat/MUV: Maternity allowance
  • ALV, AC, ALV: Unemployment Insurance
  • OP/LPP/BVG: 2nd pillar Pension Fund with one of the best pension funds plans available which is the one proposed by FER “Fédération des Entreprises Romandes”.
    • This is the solution I need but I need to know more on how to become a Freelance-Consultant what should I do?

      Contact us and one of our managers will call you back for a free, unbinding consultation!

    Join Us in 3 Easy Steps

  • Register for a free and non binding phone interview
  • Subscribe free of charge and benefit from all our advantages
  • Start your freelance activity
Join Us
To receive an example of your income, please complete the form below